Blue is Getting a Repertoire

EEEEEKKKKK!!!

I'm like BEYOND excited in this very moment. I have formally been learning how to play an acoustic guitar since mid-February of this year. I take a weekly 30 minutes lesson with like the most AWESOME teacher ever at a music school here in Fort Worth. 

I started this journey with the intention of simply learning how to play a few Trevor Hall songs. Never would I think I would be moving up to create a set list of sorts. Songs ready to perform...in public...I'm ecstatic if you can't tell with my words. 

I only envisioned learning a few of Trevor's songs to jam out to with a good friend of mine. Not to SING and play in front of strangers. While I assume that this is a normal progression. I wouldn't have thought it would have come for me this soon. My four months learning to play on Blue have been rough and at times nonexistent. Just like my struggle with the Mat and my asana practice, I haven't been consistent in my musical journey either.  

I started off only practicing 2 or 3 times a week for just 15 minutes. Then progressed to maybe 4 times a week at 20 minutes or so and in the last month and some change, it's been 4-5 days at 30-40 minutes a day. Most of my lack of practice can be attributed to fear. I was afraid to practice, out of frustration and fear, because I thought my hands were too small to play certain chord progressions or was hard on myself for constantly making the buzzed notes due to my "fat" fingers touching another chord or was too slow in chord transitions within a song or progression. I say all this to say that I flat out thought I sucked, wasn't any good and would never move on from where I was. 

And then today happened. "I want us to start building a repertoire for you."

Yayy. I guess it is true you are your worst critic and others do tend to see more potential and growth in you than you do yourself. 

I am enthused and ready to begin this chapter in my journey and continue to grow musically. Who know maybe I'll be coming to a town near you in the future ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Vegetarian. Dedicated. Passionate. Loving.Baylor Graduate. Former ex-pat of Thailand :-) Currently a Graduate Student at the University of Wyoming. From the Good Ole state of Texas. Making my next moves in life. Open to suggestions.

Please Ask Before Copying

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Aspiring To Be Me Now. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.